- Academic Search Premier: contains indexing for 8,025 publications and marketing, with full text for more than 4,500 of those titles.
- Britannica Library Reference Center: The go-to reference resource for all ages. With 3 sites in one, patrons can conduct research, work on special projects, or explore their unique interests.
- Consumer Reports: Presents articles on health, public safety, marketplace economics and the judicial & regulatory actions that affect consumers.
- ERIC: ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center, is a national information system supported by the U.S. Department of Education, the National Library of Education, and the Office of Educational Research and Improvement. It provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index.
- Image Collection: The Image Collection database consists of more than 1 million total images in these categories, broken down as follows:Photographs
Images from Canadian Press, Getty Images, and UPI
Maps from Antenna Audio
Photographs from public domain sources
The images consist of a wide array of photos and maps, with an emphasis on world news and events. Other areas of coverage include contemporary and historical photos of people, places, and the natural kingdom.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Providing exclusive online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference books, Legal Information Reference Center contains more than 225 full-text publications and thousands of legal forms, with more content being added on a regular basis. A majority of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation’s oldest and most-respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses.
- Literary Reference Center: is a comprehensive database that provides users with a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA): LISTA indexes more than 560 core journals, nearly 50 priority journals, and nearly 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more.
- MasterFILE Elite: MasterFILE Elite provides full text for magazines and publications covering many general interest topics including business, health, education, general science and multicultural issues. It also includes an image collection of more than 2 million photos, maps and flags.
- MiddleSearch Plus: contains full text for more than 150 popular, middle school magazines.
- Military & Government Collection: designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government.
- New Jersey State Publications Digital Library
- Newspaper Source Plus: provides a full-text digital collection of the world’s major news content. It includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires and news magazines. In addition, it offers television and radio transcripts and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources.
- Northstar Digital Literacy defines basic skills needed to perform tasks on computers and online. Online, self-guided modules assess the ability of individuals to perform tasks based on these skills. Included are basic computer digital literacy standards and modules in three main areas:
- Essential Computer Skills – Basic Computer Skills, Internet Basics, Using Email, Windows OS, Mac OS
- Essential Software Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Using Technology in Daily Life – Social Media, Information Literacy, Career Search Skills, Accessing Telehealth Appointments, Supporting K-12 Distance Learning, Your Digital Footprint.
- NoveList: NoveList answers the question: What should I read next?
- NoveList K-8: NoveList K-8 is your solution for integrating fiction across the curriculum. With a fun and intuitive interface, and extensive proprietary content, NoveList K-8 will be the resource you and your young readers turn to when looking for the next book to read.
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA): is a powerful online reference and research tool providing library cardholders instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on U.S. businesses (59 million) and U.S. residents (310 million).
- Referencia Latina: Referencia Latina, a comprehensive Spanish-language database, offers content from a variety of sources including 49,000 encyclopedia entries.
- Regional Business News: This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications.
- Rocket Languages: Rocket Languages is an award-winning interactive online language learning system
developed for libraries. The interactive, comprehensive website allows patrons to learn conversational
language at their own pace. Patrons continue to access their program online until they have completed the course.
- Small Business Reference Center: The Small Business Reference Center is a comprehensive resource for small business owners and those interested in starting a business, offering full-text periodicals and reports, sample business plans, U.S. tax forms, videos and reference books. It supports small business owners in all relevant areas from planning, financing and managing a business to exit strategies.
- Statewide Reference Services
- Union County Digitized Newspapers: The New Jersey State Library may not have access to any of the commercially accessible papers listed below. They are presented here for your information only. Please check with your local public library to see if they subscribe to the database listed. NJSL’s collections can be found here: NJSL Newspaper Guide
- New Jersey Digitized Historic Newspapers: The New Jersey State Library is a partner in the New Jersey Digital Newspaper Project. This guide indexes all known digitized newspapers published in New Jersey, whether currently available or in process, including links and other access information. Note that while many of these newspapers are freely available online, others can only be accessed from public libraries or state-funded college/universities with a subscription to a commercial database. Please check with your local library to see if they provide free access.
- Business Source Elite: This business database provides full text for over 1,000 business publications. The rich collection of titles in Business Source Elite provides information dating back to 1985. More than 10,100 substantial company profiles from Datamonitor are also included. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
School & Career Prep:
Peterson’s Test and Career Prep: Search thousands of college and graduate schools, identify scholarships, take practice tests, create resumes, and explore careers.
- Explora: For students, educators and patrons to quickly find the credible information they need to complete homework and research projects, deliver robust school curriculum, achieve their professional goals, and satisfy their intellectual curiosity.
- Points of View Reference Center: a full-text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. The database provides 200 topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument) and counterpoint (opposing argument).
- Primary Search: designed specifically for elementary school libraries and public library children’s rooms, contains full text for more than 60 popular, elementary school magazines. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles)
- Teacher Reference Center: provides indexing and abstracts for hundreds of periodicals. In addition, 96% of journals indexed in TRC are peer-reviewed. Topics include: Assessment, Best Practices, Continuing Education, Current Pedagogical Research, Curriculum Development, Elementary Education, Higher Education, Instructional Media, Language Arts, Literacy Standards, School Administration, Science & Mathematics, and Teacher Education.
- GreenFILE: GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment.
- Health Source: Academic/Nursing Edition is a trusted full-text database covering nursing and allied health topics, including pediatric nursing, critical care, mental health, nursing management, medical law and more.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition This rich collection of consumer health information provides access to full-text consumer health magazines and reference books. It also includes searchable full text for current health pamphlets.